Shopping in the area
Donnybrook Farmhouse Cheese makes cheese and there are tastings and sales and a cafe for you to enjoy a cuppa.
Just Picked Berries and Fruit is in Yan Yean and you can pick your own berries and fruit from the extensive range grown here. Choose from raspberries, blackberries, boysenberries, blueberries, mulberries, apricots, peaches, nectarines, apples, figs and blood plums. There is a cafe and juice bar too.
Mernda Bakery is the place to buy bread and cakes straight from the wood-fired oven. Enjoy a pie or cake with a refreshing cuppa.
MarketsThere are quite a number of markets in the area.
- Kinglake community Market is held on the second Sunday of each month and features fresh produce, plants and arts and craft
- Laurimar Open Air Market is at Doreen on the first Sunday of the month and you can buy fresh local produce and arts and crafts
- The Monday Market is held at Whittlesea Showgrounds every Monday and here you will find a large variety of items to browse through
- Thomastown Trash ’n’ Treasure is held every Sunday with a large variety of items to choose from
- Whittlesea Community Markets is held on the third Sunday of each month with entertainment and lots of things to see
Le Page Homestead is the place to buy artwork from local artists from the Plenty Valley Art Group.